- Sum up the book in one sentence.
This book will help you to make the most effective use of the java programming language, this book has 78 items, and each item is the great benefit for the best and the most experienced programmer.
- Who do I think would benefit most from this book?
This book is very helpful for the people, who serious to know how and why the java programing but that is not mean for the beginner of java, it expect to who should be comfortable with programing in java.
- Who is the intended audience for the book?
Audience: everyone can be the audience for this book, special for who interesting on java programing.
- What does the book cover?
This second edition of the java effective book, it has been updated to discuss Java 6 language features, and in the very first pages of the book describes some of the new topics covered as:
- New coverage of generics, enums, annotations, autoboxing, the for-each loop, varargs, concurrency utilities, and much more
- Updated techniques and best practices on classic topics, including objects, classes, libraries, methods, and serialization
- How to avoid the traps and pitfalls of commonly misunderstood subtleties of the language
- Focus on the language and its most fundamental libraries: java. Lang, java.util , and, to a lesser extent, java.util.concurrent and java.io.
- Was the material in the book useful to me?
In my opinion, all the 78 items in this book are very helpful and important to me, even some of them are very basic knowledge of java coding, but every basic step is very important to be a good final. As when u builds the house if the foundation is not hard and strong the beautiful house may collapse.
- Would any of the material from this book be useful in earlier CS courses? Which ones?
This book should use for the second year student of the computer science major.
- What was the most important thing I learned from this book?
I used to take the java class before, but now when I read this book that I very helpful for me. It improved my skill in java programing languages.
- Did I enjoy reading this book? yes I do.
- Would I recommend it to other? Even I known a lot of you already took the java class . I think when you have time you should read this book , it may help you to improve you skill to build the program.
- Would I buy the own copy? yes, but that book also available on the online.